Sunday, November 18, 2012

It’s As If…

 

 

 

It's as if God said,


"I am against you,
you Haughty people,
Your stench defies the Heavens,
Your transgressions are a rising tide,

While you speak of Grace and Sing of my Blessings,
You commit the cruelest evils,
even against your own people,

Like a wild mare, you will take no rider,
Like a proud child, you are as stubborn as steel,
Bending to naught but your own desires,

You have denied your God,
And now you are haunted by idols of every kind,
None more bowed to than Money,
None more worshipped than wealth,
The filth of your obscenities shocks even the rapist, the murderer, and the thief,

The absolute splendor you crush Mankind,                                                    with oozes like poison from your faces,
Stains your spirit and steals your will,

Oh People, you are like the Cobra,
Deadly when it strikes,
But harmless once hypnotized,
Distracted by sights and sounds,

How long, you People,
How long have I tolerated you?
Even now you are murdering children,
You are stealing from widows,
You making slaves of the weak and the poor,
You proudly sail My every sea,
And even my dwelling place you violate with your Sin,

Your tools of war that you raise against Me,
I laugh at,
Your weapons of mass slaughter,
Your idols built for Blood,
I mock and I ridicule,
Compared to the winds and the waves,
To the lightning and the rain,
To the crumbling mountain and the rolling earth,
To the heat of the summer and the cold of the winter,
And every mountain that speaks when I call to it,

Do your weapons compare to Mine?
Foolish Man whose every word is a Lie,
Foolish creation that dares push his head above me,
What death could you imagine?
What slaughter could you fathom,
That I might visit it against you?
But you cannot even imagine,
Your eyes are blind to see it,

I am against you, you Haughty People,
I have raised my hand to smite me,
To drive you from the Earth,
No longer will you desecrate my lands,
Deceive My people,
Reap My worship for your own,
Or make slaves of My People,

Your days are over,
Your song has been sung,
Your friends weep and your enemies rejoice,
No more will you usurp my throne,
No more will your sins rise to anger me,
My wrath has come to you,
My judgment has been made,
And swiftly will I lay you waste."

It's as if...

No comments:

Post a Comment